Saturday, December 14, 2013

Season's Greetings

A winter storm has been making its way up from the Southern Plain States into southwestern and south central Ontario today. The forecast is 10- 15 cm ( about 6 inches) for most areas, but 15 to 25 cm (about 10 inches) is possible in my area since I am closer to the lake. I believe this will be the case, as I was out shoveling at lunch time today and there was already about 6 inches of snow on the ground. I will be out there again tomorrow to remove the rest of the snow off the cars and driveway, but for now I am back inside, warm and dry, after drinking a delicious hot chocolate made by my hubby who watched me plow my way inch by inch over an hour and a half ( he was stuck inside working on a weekend install for a customer - a computer thing).

A couple of photos so that you can see that there is a HO HO Whole lot of snow out there!



This will be my last post for the year. I am finding myself too busy to write new posts, or read them for that matter. 

My best wishes to all my readers for a wonderful holiday season, and I look forward to keeping in touch with you in the New Year!



P.S. It is Sunday morning and this is the tally for the snowfall: 30 cm or about 12 inches. Looks like it may be low - I will measure the snow accumulation in my backyard later today. Now I must go shovel snow again.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Patty. I wish you a wonderful holiday season. Take a deserving break and enjoy. Your weather is our weather right now. More is on the way too. I have been shoveling for days and still not finished with my driveway. My husband says he is getting ME a new snow blower when he gets home this weekend. He has been working 5.5 hours away in NY. I told him, my Jeep will just push its way out from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays, Patty! What a winter it has been already! Hope it doesn't continue like this for four months. I'm already ready for a road trip to Florida! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your holidays! It's been snowing here all day today. Not much worry about having a white Christmas. Looking forward to your new posts in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy holidays Patty. Your garden looks like a Christmas card. Don't shovel all the snow away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Patty! Regardless of the snow and ice in store for us in the coming months, I bet you're dreaming of Spring, just like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We seem to be having a real tough winter! I am looking forward to milder temperatures forecast for the weekend. All the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete